If you’re looking for ways to save on your car or automobile insurance or actually get cheap car insurance there are a few trade secrets you should know. You can save hundreds of dollars every year if you know what to do. Look over these tips and see if you’re taking advantage of them now. If not, put them into action and get several cheap car insurance quotes and compare.
1. Some of the larger insurers offer low mileage discounts of 10 percent or more, if you drive fewer than 7400 miles a year. And some insurance companies will cut your premiums 5-25% if you haven’t been in an accident for five years. So make sure to ask your agent about these discounts.
2. Keep you car insurance and home insurance with one company. Some of the larger companies will offer big discounts if you do. If you aren’t doing this, check with your agent or a new insurer if you’re changing companies.
3. Make sure to let your insurance agent know if you have recently married or moved. They may be able to reduce your insurance premium so you get cheaper car insurance. If your FICO credit score has gone down you can also ask your agent if you can get cheaper insurance.
4. If possible consider raising your deductibles. A deductible is what you pay out of your pocket; the insurer pays the balance of any insurance claim.
5. If you’re looking to buy a new car you may want to check with your insurance agent because some models of the same brand will cost more than others. Some car insurance companies offer a discount for hybrids too. You can almost always get cheap car insurance if you buy a sedan instead of a sports car.
Video Link: http://play-video.fun/858/
6. Check with the automobile insurance company to see if you can get additional discounts for anti-theft devices installed in your car such as alarms, steering wheel locks, hood locks and ignition kill switches. And also any additional discounts for drivers ed or defensive driving classes.
7. And make sure to compare insurance rates online by getting multiple quotes. There are companies that specialize in getting you free quotes from several companies at one time. They don’t charge you for this, yes it’s free. This is the fastest way to get the cheapest quotes. It takes only a few minutes so you save lots of time getting quotes from many companies individually. The companies they get the quotes from are nationally recognized auto insurance companies.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2089207